Join the South Australian Council for Adult Literacy, Inc. for
Peer Mentoring: Reciprocal Positive Impact and explore how we work together and learn together in a changing vocational education environment.
TIME: 9.00am – 12.30pm
DATE: Saturday 13th May 2017
VENUE: Flinders University, Victoria Sqare
COST: $20 + bf SACAL members
$30 + bf non-members
This 3 ½ hour workshop will help you discover:
- common ground in mentoring concepts and how to find meaning in its practice
- how to get the most out of your mentoring relationships within your own vocational area and within different fields
- how to meet the increasing management-driven expectations of peer-to-peer support and cross-vocational practical LLN skills in the classroom
- how to manage resistance to learning when working with your peers, and manage any barriers you might have
The workshop will include:
- contextualising and locating mentoring skills requirements in the current vocational education environment
- practical and reflexive sessions designed to uncover the mentor – and mentoree – in you
- a practical and interactive session using numeracy skills as the focus of a mentoring relationship
Who should attend:
This workshop focusses on mentoring in foundation skills across the adult and vocational education sector. It is suitable for practitioners, managers, program developers, assessors, specialists, support staff, volunteers and anyone working in public or private vocational and community education.
How to book: Go to this link to register and pay
14 months for the price of 12:
Join SACAL now to take advantage of the discounted members’ price and your annual membership will be valid until 30 June 2018. Visit sacal.sa.edu.au to join & for information.
SACAL Professional Development 2017: The Domino Effect in Adult Education