Join the South Australian Council for Adult Literacy, Inc. for
State Conference 2017
Friday 18 August 2017
9am – 4:15pm
and explore how we work together and learn together in a changing vocational education environment.
The conference will include:
- An opening address by Joshua Rayner, Director, Training and Skills Commission.
- A keynote address by Louise Wignall, Education Consultant.
- A closing address by Hon. Susan Close, Minister for Education and Child Development, and Minister for Higher Education and Skills
And the following presentations & workshops:
- Self-compassion Opens the Door to Learning, presented by Alison Harker and Paul Mulroney from Community Centres SA.
- Working with numeracy skills across different vocational areas, presented by Min McHugh, Michael Oliver, from TAFESA.
- The reciprocal impact of peer mentoring, presented by Caralyn Lammas, President, SACAL.
- Co-creating for positive outcomes, presented by Andrea Rivett
- Using the Foundation Skills Professional Standards Framework as a tool for professional reflection, presented by Louise Wignall.
- With more to come
Who should attend:This conference offers delegates opportunities to develop further some of the personal and professional skills required to learn and work together in a changing vocational education sector. It is suitable for practitioners, managers, program developers, assessors, specialists, support staff, volunteers and everyone working in vocational and community education.
How to book: go to this link to register and pay. Early bird pricing until 30 July
Join SACAL now to take advantage of the discounted members’ price and book your ticket before 30 July to save even more. Visit our membership page to join and for information, or email email@example.com.
COST: $100 – $140 depending on EB purchase and SACAL membership
Scholarships Available! – See details here: SACAL Conference 2017 Scholarships
TIME: 9.00am – 4.15pm
DATE: Friday 18 August 2017
VENUE: Education Development Centre, Milner St, Hindmarsh
inc. morning tea and lunch
The SACAL State Conference 2017 is supported by
TAFESA, Training and Skills Commission and Community Centres SA.
SACAL Professional Development 2017: The Domino Effect in Adult Education