Call for Presenters – 2018 SACAL Conference: Engaging the Modern Learner (Deadline extended to 22nd June)
The South Australian Council for Adult Literacy, Inc. invites submissions from interested parties to present at our 2018 conference with the theme of Engaging the Modern Learner. Submissions from individuals and teams working and learning in all areas of adult education are welcome.
Topics of interest include adult literacy with related themes such as:
- Technology in the classroom
- Collaborative learning
- The modern classroom
- Social media for learning
- The student-teacher relationship
- Lifelong learning
- Digital natives vs digital immigrants
- Engaging learners
- Professional development for the literacy facilitator
- Include topic title or theme
- Indicate if your submission is for a 45 minute plenary presentation or a 60 minute
- breakout workshop.
- Provide a 250 word abstract which includes the outcomes of the session
- Submit to email@example.com by 15 June 2018
- Submission deadline 15 June 2018 (*Extended to 22nd June)
- Speakers notified 29 June 2018
- 2018 SACAL Conference 17 August 2018
Plenary Session (45 minutes)
These standalone sessions will be of interest to all conference delegates, and are based on innovative practice and/or research within the overarching theme of the conference. The plenary sessions will introduce delegates to new knowledge that they will be able to use in their own teaching and learning context.
Workshop (60 minutes)
These concurrent sessions provide delegates with exposure to practice experiences based upon research and theory or teaching and assessment activities
developed in response to student needs, course design and/or policy developments. The workshops will introduce delegates to new knowledge that they will be able to use in their own teaching and learning contexts. The workshop can be delivered by an individual or a team.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 SACAL Conference: Engaging the Modern Learner